Tuesday 30 April 2019

Gaining Weight On 1300 Calories a Day? Read This.

The following is a guest post from Vicki Richards from Restoring Roots Wellness

Does the idea of eating whatever you want without tracking sound terrifying? Are you convinced you'll gain weight if you eat more than 1,300 calories? Maybe you can't imagine going more than a day without workout out.

Girl, I've been there. But I'm thrilled to say I'm in that space anymore.

I actually found that I felt the best, maintained a healthy weight, and did the most healing when I started doing less.

And no, I’m not talking about less cupcakes and less calories. I’m talking about less restriction, less stress, less exercise, and less obsession.

Let me explain.

I remember when I first decided I wanted to work on my health. I was a senior in college and my “freshman 15” was staring me in the face every day. Aside from the weight gain, I just didn’t feel good.

I had no idea where to start so I turned to the internet for a diet and workout plan to help me shed the weight. I started counting macros and calories in an app and working out 5-6 days per week with a mix of weight lifting and lots of cardio on treadmills and ellipticals.

It really didn’t take too long to begin to see a change in my body, considering I hadn’t done much exercising or paid attention to what I had been eating for the previous 3 years.Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment